- Advanced Placement (AP) is a program in the United States and Canada which offers college-level curricula and examinations to high school students.
- There are no set program of courses. Students can take just one or even a dozen AP classes, depending on their school, schedule, and goals.
- Generally within a year, in Year 11-12
- Focused on teaching students specific content and testing their knowledge on the exams. There is more multiple-choice and emphasis on meeting certain content goals
- Most AP courses are similar to first-year college courses (flexible)
- Total of 38 courses and exams available
- Students can discuss with their counselor to decide on the number and types of courses they choose
- AP tests are scored on a 1-5 scale: extremely qualified, well qualified, qualified, possibly qualified, no recommendation
- 5 is the highest score and 1 is the lowest score
- The multiple choice component of the exam is scored by computer, while the free response and essay portions are scored by trained Readers at the AP Reading each June
Advantages in University
- AP score could earn college credits before starting at university, possibly allowing students to skip certain introductory courses in university
Ampla’s AP Courses
We offer both long-term regular lessons that focus on the understanding of fundamental knowledge in every subject, and short-term intensive classes that can efficiently improve students’ exam technique. Supplemented with structured notes and adaptive homework plans, Ampla’s courses boost student grades effectively, with an average increase of 30% in 2 months.
We offer AP classes in:
- Calculus (AB/ BC)
- Economics (Micro/ Macro)
- English Language Composition/ English Literature Composition
- History (European/ US/ World)
- Language & Culture: Chinese/ French/ German/ Spanish
Ampla’s AP Course Highlights
Following our initial assessment, students will receive a personalized study plan:
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced AP tutors (online/ face-to-face lessons available)
- Full-length and single-section practice tests for assignment complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
- Structured notes provided to improve exam performance
- Flexible teaching methods adapted to unique student needs
A week-by-week study plan specifically designed for you.
Review each topic with a focus on weaker areas, with condensed notes and study materials provided.
Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress.
Familiarize with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practice papers.
Contact us now to schedule lessons and arrange a complimentary meeting with our dedicated US admissions specialists.