2 year (I)GCSE programme
- Common programme generally lasts for 2 years, at Year 10-11
- Approximate equivalent to HK’s Forms 4-5
- Usually 8-11 subjects
- Some subjects can be taken 1 year early depending on the school and the student
1 year (I)GCSE programme
- For current Form 4 students or students about to enter Form 5
- Commence in September or January every year
- Usually only 5-7 subjects
- More intensive workload; more suitable for students with better academic performance
- Public examination takes place after the 2-year programme
- Similar to the HKCEE in previous Hong Kong education system
- Results range from Level 1 to 9, with Level 9 being the highest
- To apply for A-Level programme in the UK (minimum requirement: Attaining Level 5 in more than 5 subjects) or Foundation programme for university
Ampla’s (I)GCSE Courses
We offer both long-term regular lessons that focus on the understanding of fundamental knowledge in every subject, and short-term intensive classes that can efficiently improve students’ exam technique. Supplemented with structured IGCSE notes and adaptive homework plans, Ampla’s courses boost student grades effectively, with an average increase of 30% in 2 months.
We offer IGCSE classes in:
- English Language & Literature
- Latin/ Classical Civilisation
- Modern Languages: Chinese/ French/ German/ Spanish
Ampla’s IGCSE Course Highlights
Following our initial diagnostic test, students will receive a personalised study plan:
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced IGCSE tutors (online/ face-to-face lessons available)
- Full-length and single-section practice tests for assignment complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
- Flexible teaching methods adapted to unique student needs
A week-by-week study plan specifically designed for you.
Review each topic with a focus on weaker areas, with condensed notes and study materials provided.
Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress.
Familiarise with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practice papers.
Contact us now to schedule lessons and arrange a complimentary meeting with our dedicated UK university admissions specialists.