2 year (I)GCSE programme
- Common programme generally lasts for 2 years, at Year 10-11
- Approximate equivalent to HK’s Forms 4-5
- Usually 8-11 subjects
- Some subjects can be taken 1 year early depending on the school and the student
1 year (I)GCSE programme
- For current Form 4 students or students about to enter Form 5
- Commence in September or January every year
- Usually only 5-7 subjects
- More intensive workload; more suitable for students with better academic performance
- Public examination takes place after the 2-year programme
- Similar to the HKCEE in previous Hong Kong education system
- Results range from Level 1 to 9, with Level 9 being the highest
- To apply for A-Level programme in the UK (minimum requirement: Attaining Level 5 in more than 5 subjects) or Foundation programme for university
Ampla’s (I)GCSE Courses
We offer both long-term regular lessons that focus on the understanding of fundamental knowledge in every subject, and short-term intensive classes that can efficiently improve students’ exam technique. Supplemented with structured notes and adaptive homework plans, Ampla’s courses boost student grades effectively, with an average increase of 30% in 2 months.
We offer I(GCSE) classes in:
- English Language & Literature
- Latin/ Classical Civilisation
- Modern Languages: Chinese/ French/ German/ Spanish
Ampla’s (IGCSE) Course Highlights
Following our initial diagnostic test, students will receive a personalised study plan:
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced (I)GCSE tutors (online/ face-to-face lessons available)
- Full-length and single-section practice tests for assignment complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
- Flexible teaching methods adapted to unique student needs
A week-by-week study plan specifically designed for you.
Review each topic with a focus on weaker areas, with condensed notes and study materials provided.
Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress.
Familiarise with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practice papers.
Contact us now to schedule lessons and arrange a complimentary meeting with our dedicated UK admissions specialists.