- Most boarding schools require applicants to take one of the two standardized admissions test: the SSAT or the ISEE
- Solid scores on the standardized test will confirm the student’s ability to do well academically at the school
- Each school has its own admission standards
Ampla’s Preparation Courses
Following our initial assessment, students will receive a customized plan based on the following curriculum which is designed to imitate US school assessments.
- Review and teach each topic covered in the subjects tested by the applied schools
- Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress
- Familiarize students with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practicing past papers
- Revise and improve English vocabulary and grammar skills
- Practice planning and writing a range of different essay styles and topics
- Reading Comprehension: learn to efficiently extract information and grasp the main idea of passages about history, literature and sciences
- Writing: practice planning and writing a range of essay topics using various techniques and styles
- Key concepts and formulae
- Familiarity with different types of questions
- Strengthen ability to answer complicated questions tactically
- Identify and practice techniques to use
- Improve vocabulary skills
- Enhance knowledge about word roots (e.g. suffixes and prefixes) in order to figure out relationships between different words (e.g. synonyms and analogies)
Mock interviews taught by experienced boarding school-educated consultants
Equip students with the skill sets that are crucial to the success of both individual and group interviews
Content: common questions and improvised responses
Delivery: eye contact, body language, speech
- Provide comprehensive feedback detailing a list of actions
- Essay planning and structuring: submit your essay plan along with your essay wherever possible. If you run out of time and do not finish writing, you may still get marks from your essay plan
- Improve vocabulary skills
Ampla’s Course Highlights
Following our initial diagnostic test, students will receive a personalized study plan:
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced US boarding school specialists (online/ face-to-face lessons available)
- Full-length and single-section practice tests for assignment complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
A week-by-week study plan specifically designed for you.
Review each topic with a focus on weaker areas, with condensed notes and study materials provided.
Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress.
Familiarize with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practice papers.
Contact us now to schedule a mock test and arrange a complimentary meeting with our dedicated US boarding school specialists.