What is it
- International English Language Test System
- For those intending to study or work where English is the main language of communication
- Two modules, each comprised of 4 elements
- Paper-based or computer-delivered; the speaking test is always carried out face-to-face with an examiner
- Testing available in over 140 countries/territories worldwide
- Venues available depending on type of test chosen (paper-based or computer-delivered)
For candidates who intend to study or train with English as the teaching language at an undergraduate or postgraduate level
General Training Module
For candidates who intend to go to an English-speaking country to complete secondary education, undertake work experience or training programmes not at degree level, or for immigration purposes
Four sections (total 2h 45 mins):
- Listening (30 minutes; same test for both modules)
- Reading (60 minutes; separate tests for Academic and General Training)
- Writing (60 minutes; separate tests for Academic and General Training)
- Speaking (15 minutes; same test for both modules)
- The first 3 tests must be completed in one day (Listening, Reading and Writing)
- Speaking test may be conducted on the same day or on another day (one week before or after the other tests)
- No break is given between tests
- IELTS band score from 0-9 is awarded for each test section, 9 being most proficient
- Results are valid for 2 years
- Results available online 13 days after the test for 14 days
- A formal test report would be sent to a specified address 13 days after the test (at least 3 days required for delivery)
- A formal test report can also be sent directly to academic institutions at candidate’s request
Ampla’s IELTS Preparation Course
To score high on the IELTS exam, it is essential to prepare adequately for it.
- Our Comprehensive Preparation Course provides extensive review of reading, writing, listening and speaking sections
- Gain crucial exam techniques to maximise scores in each of the areas
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced IELTS tutors (online/ face-to-face lessons available)
- Full-length and single-section practice tests for assignment complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
A week-by-week study plan specifically designed for you.
Review each topic with a focus on weaker areas, with condensed notes and study materials provided.
Cover test-taking strategies including time management, making informed guesses and how to handle stress.
Familiarise with different exam styles/ techniques/ mark schemes through practice papers.
Contact us now to schedule lessons and arrange a complimentary meeting with our dedicated UK admissions specialists.