What is UKiset?
The UKiset is the UK Independent Schools’ Entry Test with over 200 UK schools adopting UKiset as part of their admissions process for international students. Some schools use UKiset as the sole assessment while some use it as the first stage of their admissions process. It is not a compulsory test for candidates, but increasingly schools are likely to ask for it sooner or later in the application process.
Online Mock Tests: Receive 10% off by using the discount code: WBQeJuxB on Atom Learning.
There are three key elements to the UKiset test (source from the official UKiset page):
Designed to explore what kind of thinking a candidate finds easy or difficult and includes:
- Verbal Reasoning – Language questions and problem solving with words
- Non-Verbal Reasoning – Solving problems using shapes, pictures and logic
- Mathematical Reasoning – Looking at number, value, quantity and sequence concepts
This part of the test is adaptive which means that the questions asked are designed to assess the student’s ability level. The more questions the student answers correctly, the more difficult the test will become. Therefore, not being able to answer a question does not mean the student is performing badly!
2. Reading and Listening
The second part of UKiset is the Cambridge English test, an online multiple choice test that assesses receptive language skills.
3. Essay Writing
The final section of UKiset is a short English essay, designed to demonstrate expressive language skills.
Ampla’s UKiset Test Prep Courses
Following our initial assessment, students will receive a customised plan based on the following curriculum which is designed to imitate UK school assessments. Our course highlights include:
- 24/7 on-demand tutoring with our experienced team of UK boarding school specialists
- Flexible scheduling: online/ face-to-face lessons available
- Tailor-made lesson plan complemented by weekly timed quizzes and progress reports
- Supported by Atom Learning, an adaptive mock test platform that allows our tutors to track students’ learning progress at home [Receive 10% off by using the discount code: WBQeJuxB]
© Ampla Education – Unauthorised use of this material without permission is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit is given to Ampla Education.